Configure Credit Card Expiration Reminder Email for Easy Digital Downloads
Churnly already has one credit card email notification configured "out of the box". However, if you'd like to change that notification or add a new notification follow the steps below.
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Downloads-->Settings, then click the Extensions tab at the top and click on the Churnly link.
- In the Credit Card Expiration Reminders section, you will notice that an email has already been added. To modify this email message simply click Edit. Otherwise click the Add Credit Card Expiration Reminder button.
- The notice type should be set to Credit Card Expiration.
- Next, enter a subject for the email.
- Select the email period for your notification. The email period is the time period prior to a subscription renewal. For example, if the renewal date is 9/24/2017, and you select "One Month Before Subscription Renewal", the notification would get sent out 8/24/2017 only if the credit card expires the month prior to the renewal.
- Lastly, enter an email message. There are merge tags listed below the text box that you can use within the body of the email.
- Click Add Reminder Notice.